Here’s a recap of last week’s Making it Episode 2- a series I created to document my journey quitting my day job to pursue my side hustle, as a clothing designer fulltime. Hope it inspires you to keep pushing.
Making it- Ep.2
More tips for traversing the unknown.
- Be ok with growth that isn’t punctuated with high after high. In nature growth happens quietly and incrementally – sometimes so slowly you can barely notice. Learn to accept that growth happens that way in life too.
- Reach out to people in your similar situation. Pick their brain. Sit with their insights and remember that not everyone’s journey is the same. So what works for them – may or may not work for you. Be open to trying new things, but also receptive to what feels right for you.
- Give yourself time to iterate. Space out chasing the “no.” Sometimes in our eagerness for growth we hit the ground at full speed without setting up a sustainable pace. If you are applying for jobs, or reaching out to potential mentors or business partners- you don’t have to do it all at once. Find a groove that feels right for you. There will be no’s along the path so its important to account for that . Rejection is part of the process, yes- but we are human so it still stings. Be kind to yourself- give yourself time and space to improve along the way.
- Be kind to yourself. Everything is an experiment. Some things you try might not work. Be kind to yourself when things do not go according to plan- because they will never go the way you imagined, but they will always work out for the best.
- Make time for time off. Discipline works two ways. Being the busiest is not the way to success. Our pursuits, just like muscles need time to rest and recover so they can grow. Make sure that you set aside time for non-goal interests. Spend time with loved ones. Remember, that you are so much more than this goal.
Stay tuned for next week’s episode.
Happy New Year!
Give more. Get More.